Energy for Life Walk & 5K Run - Dallas-Ft. Worth
Saturday, May 6, 2017*
3875 Ponte Avenue
Addison, TX 75001
Walk & 5K Run starts at 9:00 am
|*Due to the forecasted severe thunderstorm warning this weekend, the EFL Walk/Run has been postponed to Saturday, May 6, 2017. Schedule will remain the same, just a week later!!|
Join us at the Energy for Life (EFL) walk and run to cure Mitochondrial Disease. Our families in Dallas and across the nation suffering from this devastating disease. The mitochondrial in our body produce 80% of the energy we need to live and if our mitochondrial are not working, Mitochondrial disease affects children and adults in various ways like vision, coordination and overall development.
Our EFL walk and run is an opportunity for YOU to make a difference and contribute to finding a cure. Through our EFL event YOU will help raise awareness of mitochondrial disease, empower those affected, and affect the most important aspects: diagnosis, treatments and better-coordinated research efforts. Run with us this year to find a cure for mitochondrial disease.
It’s easy to get started:
Register to Run Here through GetMeRegistered.com.
Cost is $40 per person
Run will be timed/chipped on an official 5K Route
Runners will receive a free t-shirt
Top overall three (3) male and female runners receive an award and will be recognized on stage after the run and walk are complete.
1. Register - Start a team, join a team, or sign-up as an individual walker or participate in our 5K Run (Register to Run HERE). Can’t make it this year? That’s ok, you can register as a virtual walker.
2. Set a fundraising goal for yourself and/or your team - We suggest a $100 minimum for each participant to help support their team.
4. Team Captain & Walker Toolkit – Download these helpful toolkits under ‘EFL Tips & Tools’ to help guide you with team building and fundraising.
3. Raise money - Set up your personal fundraising page and share your story. People will be more likely to give if they know why you are walking or running and how important UMDF is to you.
4. Spread the word - Tell everyone you know about the EFL Walk/Run and why you are participating, then ask for support. If you don't ask, they can't say yes.
5. Walk - Come together with all of those who are supporting the EFL and celebrate all the hard work in raising funds and awareness to aid UMDF in bringing information, patients, medical professionals and resources together to make progress of therapies and cures.
Come early before the walk and run to enjoy fresh bagels provided by Panera Bread and enjoy a pre-run warm-up. Parents with affected loved ones are invited to join us at the 8:30 a.m. at the registration table for Coffee and Conversations where families can meet new faces and see familiar ones. Stay after the walk and run to get your photo taken, listen to live music, enjoy face painting and bubble making from BubbleLick, take part in a raffle and silent auction that include Rangers memorabilia, Tiffany & Co. jewelry piece plus many other items. You do not want to miss out.
Contact Jessica Rios at 210-305-6447 or email email@example.com if you have questions or would like to be a sponsor for the walk and run.