Energy for Life Walk & 5K Run - Dallas-Ft. Worth
Saturday, April 29, 2017
3825 Ponte Avenue
Addison, TX 75001
5K Starts at 8:00 am
Walk starts at 8:30 am
|Itís easy to get started:|
1. Register - Start a team, join a team, or sign-up as an individual walker or participate in our 5K Run (Register to Run HERE). Canít make it this year? Thatís ok, you can register as a virtual walker.
2. Set a fundraising goal for yourself and/or your team - We suggest a $100 minimum for each participant to help support their team.
4. Team Captain & Walker Toolkit Ė Download these helpful toolkits under ĎEFL Tips & Toolsí to help guide you with team building and fundraising.
3. Raise money - Set up your personal fundraising page and share your story. People will be more likely to give if they know why you are walking or running and how important UMDF is to you.
4. Spread the word - Tell everyone you know about the EFL Walk/Run and why you are participating, then ask for support. If you don't ask, they can't say yes.
5. Walk - Come together with all of those who are supporting the EFL and celebrate all the hard work in raising funds and awareness to aid UMDF in bringing information, patients, medical professionals and resources together to make progress of therapies and cures.
This year's Energy for Life (EFL) Walk and 5K Run is the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundationís (UMDF) signature fundraising event raising crucial funds to support our mission. Through our EFL Walkathons we have made significant progress in raising awareness of primary mitochondrial disease, empowering those affected and those providing treatment. Our impact is leading to faster diagnoses, improved treatments and better coordinated research efforts.