Energy for Life Walkathon - Atlanta
Sunday, April 30, 2017
Piedmont Park (Promenade Lawn)
1342 Worchester Drive
Atlanta, GA 30306
Walk Starts at 2:00 pm
*NOTE NEW DAY & TIME*
|Itís easy to get started:|
1. Register - Start a team, join a team, or sign-up as an individual walker. Canít make it this year? Thatís ok, you can register as a virtual walker.
2. Set a fundraising goal for yourself and/or your team - We suggest a $100 minimum for each walker to help support their team.
4. Team Captain & Walker Toolkit Ė Download these helpful toolkits under ĎEFL Tips & Toolsí to help guide you with team building and fundraising.
3. Raise money - Set up your personal fundraising page and share your story. People will be more likely to give if they know why you are walking and how important UMDF is to you.
4. Spread the word - Tell everyone you know about the walk and why you are walking, then ask for support. If you don't ask, they can't say yes.
5. Walk - Come together with all of those who are supporting the walk and celebrate all the hard work in raising funds and awareness to aid UMDF in bringing information, patients, medical professionals and resources together to make progress of therapies and cures.
The Energy for Life (EFL) Walkathon is the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundationís (UMDF) signature fundraising event raising crucial funds to support our mission. Through our EFL Walkathons we have made significant progress in raising awareness of primary mitochondrial disease, empowering those affected and those providing treatment. Our impact is leading to faster diagnoses, improved treatments and better coordinated research efforts.